Type your paragraph here.
1998 - 2000 American College of Physician Executives, Fellowship
1992, 2012 Board Certification - Geriatric Medicine
- 1986 Board Certification - Internal Medicine
- 1985 - 1986 UCI Medical Center - Chief Resident, Department of Internal Medicine
- 1983 - 1985 University of California at Irvine - Residency, Internal Medicine
- 1982 - 1983 University of California at Irvine - Internship, straight medical
- 1975 - 1982 Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York - Doctor of Medicine
- 1971 - 1975 State University of New York, Binghamton, New York - B.A. in Biology
Honors & Awards:
- 1984 Alpha Omega Alpha, inducted 1984
- 1984 UCI - Outstanding Resident, elected by Third Year Medical Students
- 1983 UCI - Outstanding Intern, elected by Professors of the Department of Internal Medicine
- 1986 - Present American College of Physicians, Fellow
- 2005 - 2011 Irvine Medical Center, Member, Medical Core Committee
- 1996 - 1998 St. Joseph's Hospital, Member, Medical Core Committee
- 1995 - 1998 Irvine Medical Center, Chairman, Investigational Review Board
- 1992 - 1994 Coastal Community Hospital, Chief of Staff
- 1991 - 1992 Coastal Community Hospital, Chairman, Department of Medicine
- 1991 - 1995 Coastal Community Hospital, Member, Executive Committee
- 1991 - 1995 Coastal Community Hospital, Member, Quality Assurance Committee
- 2011 - Present University of California at Irvine - Supervisor of Nurse Practitioner Students
- 2007 - Present University of California at Irvine - Full Clinical Professor
- 2003 - 2007 University of California at Irvine - Associate Clinical Professor
- 1992 - Present University of California at Irvine - Supervisor of Third Year Internal Medicine Residents, Managed Care Rotation
- 1992 - Present University of California at Irvine - Supervisor of Second Year Medical Students
- 1992 - 2003 University of California at Irvine - Assistant Clinical Professor
- 1985 - 1986 University of California at Irvine - Course Director, ACLS
- 1985 - 1986 University of California at Irvine - Course Director, Physical Diagnosis
- Iseri L, French J, Siskind A.: Magnesium Therapy in Acute Digoxin Overdose, (Journal of Emergency Medicine 7/84).
- Siskind, A; Johnson, M; Quereshi, A: The Impact of an Automatic Prescription Reminder System on LDL Levels in Secondary Prevention of Atherosclerotic Disease; (Effective Clinical Practice, 2000 -- accepted for publication).
He practices what he preaches, too -- Dr. Siskind has run four marathons, is a third-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and exercises on a daily basis. Dr. Siskind enjoys playing tennis, racquetball, scuba diving, basketball and driving fast cars, He is a supporter of the UCI basketball team and is actively involved with Remote Area Medicine -- bringing healthcare to disaster victims. He likes world travel and spending time with his family. At the end of an active day, he enjoys relaxing on the couch and watching television with his beloved yellow Labrador.
Andrew Siskind, M.D.
(Dr. Siskind has retired from Primary Care as of August 18, 2017.)
Board Certified Internal and Geriatric Medicine
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Andrew Siskind embraces the most challenging cases in his field, with an emphasis on disease prevention and healthy lifestyles. As a Full Clinical Professor, Voluntary Staff with the University of California at Irvine School of Medicine, he helps teach this philosophy to up-and-coming physicians and nurse practitioners as well.